Pro-Literacy Detroit realizes the severity of this problem.
WHAT IS PRO-LITERACY DETROIT
Pro-Literacy Detroit is a non-profit organization that aims to solve adult illiteracy. We help adults 16 and over become independent readers, writers, and speakers of English.
We match each student with a volunteer tutor.
The pair meets at a time and space convenient for each other.
Through the use of online learning programs, the tutors empower students to achieve their goals.
Pro-Literacy Detroit works closely with the following community organizations below to empower adults through literacy.
- Black Family Development
- Children’s Aid Society
- Detroit Eastern District Initiative
- Detroit Housing Agreement
- Detroit Parent Network
- Detroit Public Libraries
- DW Enterprise
- Empowerment Plan
- Matrix Human Services
- My Place Center for Wellness
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services
- Southeastern High School
- Southwest Solutions
- Spectrum Family Services
- Urban League of Southeast Michigan
- University of Phoenix
- Wayne County Department of Human Services
- Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
- Yorkshire Woods Community Organization
- Zaiman International